Water Saving & Purification
Green Business Standard
Includes commercial; non-electric/ battery powered devices; residential
All standards are required unless noted.
Earn Your Green Business Certification
If your water saving & purification company meets our standards, get certified today.
Restored & Protected Environment
- Results must be quantifiable and proven in terms of specific chemicals removed from the water or gallons saved
- All products sold or manufactured can be recycled in most municipalities or sent back to the manufacturer for appropriate disposal
- Use of a green office or facility, including resource reuse and maximum use of post-consumer recycled resources as well as maximum water and energy efficiency
This includes storm water management if companies have access to the exterior of their buildings or property.
Social & Economic Justice
- Statement of values on website
- Proof that products are not manufactured in unsafe working conditions using forced labor
- If product is made from plastic, proof that the plastic does not leach estrogen- mimicking chemicals, including but not limited to Bisphenol A (BPA)
- Company is engaged in political advocacy work aimed at better domestic or international water policy, including landscaping or agriculture