Green Business Standard
Includes magazines; books; posters; printers; paper makers and brokers
Earn Your Green Business Certification
If your printing company meets our standards, get certified today.
Restored & Protected Environment
- Products composed of at least 30% pre- or post-consumer recycled fiber.
- All virgin fiber is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified (Note that Green America does not view the Scientific Forestry Initiative as a valid certification for products or processes).
- Use of at least 80% vegetable- or water-based inks.
- Exclusive use of paper with low-VOC coatings, and water-miscible, low-VOC solvents.
- No chlorine or chlorine compounds used in bleaching process.
- Responsible environmental management/procurement policy or practices for all waste materials and manufacturing and printing processes.
- Products composed of 80-100% pre- or post-consumer recycled fiber.
- Use of 100% vegetable- or water-based inks.
- Exclusive use of uncoated paper or paper with zero-VOC coatings.
Social & Economic Justice
- Responsible procurement policy or practices regarding fair labor practices.
- Involved in public policy work or member of association in support of green paper or printing.