Green Business Standard
Includes awards; blenders; straws; water bottles; yoga mats; building & landscaping materials
Earn Your Green Business Certification
If your manufacturing company meets our standards, get certified today.
Restored & Protected Environment
- Made from materials that are substantially better for the environment than comparable ones OR with a process that saves a significant amount of water, heating or electricity
- Products made in an efficient manner but from materials not allowed in other standards, such as PVC or vinyl, are still not allowed for companies evaluated under this standard
- End of life is not the landfill; products can be returned for disposal or dismantled and then recycled, reused or composted by the end consumer
- Use of a green office or facility, including resource reuse and maximum use of post-consumer recycled resources as well as maximum water and energy efficiency
This includes storm water management if companies have access to the exterior of their buildings or property.
Social & Economic Justice
- Written code of conduct and plan for enforcement if company does not own and direct their manufacturing
- Code of conduct includes at minimum prohibitions on child labor, forced labor including forced overtime, unsafe working conditions and gender and ethnic discrimination
- Local sourcing of components or supplies wherever possible
- Products are measurably and significantly better than others on the market or have a clearly defined good to society