Green Business Standard
Includes domestic travel; ecotourism; guiding; travel information
All standards are required unless noted.
Earn Your Green Business Certification
If your travel company meets our standards, get certified today.
Restored & Protected Environment
- Minimizes negative impact on environmental and cultural resources.
- Builds environmental awareness and respect.
- Empowers travelers to reduce their environmental impact through education on eco friendly travel advice specific to location.
- Uses or encourages low-impact lodging and has criteria and method for evaluation.
- Provides resources on sustainable travel and destinations on website.
- Engages in traveler’s philanthropy to provide direct financial benefits for ecosystem conservation.
- Tours use eco friendly modes of transportation.
Social & Economic Justice
- Recognizes and empowers the rights and spiritual beliefs of Indigenous People in host countries.
- Raises sensitivity to host countries’ political, cultural, and social climates.
- Activities and behavior and respectful of local cultures.
- Guides have been vetted and well-trained in line with company values.
- Engages in traveler’s philanthropy to provide direct financial benefits for community welfare and/or cultural resource conservation.