Information & Non-Paper Media
Green Business Standard
Includes films; websites that do not sell products; non-functional art work
Earn Your Green Business Certification
If your Information & Non-Paper Media company meets our standards, get certified today.
Restored & Protected Environment
- Use of a webhost powered by alternative energy or purchase of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) to offset the electricity used by their website
- Use of a green office or facility, including resource reuse and maximum use of postconsumer recycled resources as well as maximum water and energy efficiency
This includes storm water management if companies have access to the exterior of their buildings or property.
Social & Economic Justice
- If a website that accepts advertisements, policy on which companies or industries are not allowed
- Clear process on how accuracy in all content is maintained
- If a website, its front page makes funding sources clear
- For companies that sell art and music, ethical treatment of all artists including copyright issues