Green Business Standard
Includes battery powered hair removal and massagers; computers/ servers; energy saving devices; humidifiers; kitchen accessories; blenders, food processors, juicers, mixers; lighting
Earn Your Green Business Certification
If your electronics company meets our standards, get certified today.
Restored & Protected Environment
- Made from materials that are substantially better for the environment than comparable ones OR with a process that saves a significant amount of water, heating or electricity
- End of life is not the landfill; products can be returned for disposal or dismantled and then recycled, reused or composted by the end consumer
- No use of Brominated Fire Retardants or lead solder
- Uses substantially less energy in its manufacture OR less energy in its use by the consumer
- Use of a green office or facility, including resource reuse and maximum use of post-consumer recycled resources as well as maximum water and energy efficiency
This includes storm water management if companies have access to the exterior of their buildings or property.
Social & Economic Justice
- Written code of conduct and plan for enforcement if company does not own and direct their manufacturing
- Code of conduct includes at minimum prohibitions on child labor, forced labor including forced overtime, unsafe working conditions and gender and ethnic discrimination
- Products are measurably and significantly better than others on the market or have a clearly defined good to society
*Thanks to the Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics for its thoroughness on the impact of electronics on people and the environment.