Green Business Standard
Includes commercial and residential; wet cleaning
This standard applies only to companies that clean apparel and textiles using dry or wet cleaning technologies. For the standard that applies to laundromats, please see Cleaning Services.
Earn Your Green Business Certification
If your dry cleaning company meets our standards, get certified today.
- Allowed chemical processes
- Professional wet cleaning
- Liquid carbon dioxide/D5
- Chemical process not allowed
- PERC (perchloroethylene)
- Liquid silicone
- Brand names of the above include
- Shell Solution
- 140 HT
Other issues to consider, outside of the general green business practices expected of Certified Green Businesses on our standards home page.
- Take back metal hangers for reuse or recycling
- Does not advertise itself as organic
- Offer reusable plastic sleeves
- Not located in or under housing/ residential properties
- Other detergents used are GreenSeal certified