Architects & Builders/Construction
Green Business Standard
Includes architects; electricians; construction firms; insulation; siding; windows; building materials
Restored & Protected Environment
- Enables maximum water and energy savings through design, materials, and technology.
- Use of reclaimed/recycled materials whenever possible.
- Wood materials are reclaimed, recycled, or FSC certified or equivalent.
- Experience in doing LEED certified construction or equivalent; or employee with accreditation as LEED certified professional.
- Incorporation of on-site clean energy whenever possible.
Social & Economic Justice
- Responsible procurement policy or practices regarding fair labor practices.
- Less-toxic materials: low- or no-VOC paints, varnishes, cleaners, and adhesives; no vinyl plastic used whatsoever.
- Projects serving low to moderate income communities.
- Accessibility for all people is an integral part of the design process.