Restored & Protected Environment
- Green America certifies companies working in solar, wind, micro-hydro, biomass and biodiesel; we do not include nuclear or petroleum based fuels or processes
- Use of a green office or facility, including resource reuse and maximum use of post-consumer recycled resources as well as maximum water and energy efficiency
This includes storm water management if companies have access to the exterior of their buildings or property.
- No genetically modified soy, canola or corn
Social & Economic Justice
- Palm oil is acceptable if fair trade or organic
- Written code of conduct and plan for enforcement if company does not own and direct their manufacturing
- Code of conduct includes at minimum prohibitions on child labor, forced labor including forced overtime, unsafe working conditions and gender and ethnic discrimination
Note on palm oil: Green America’s Standards Committee continues to watch the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil to see what, if any, changes it impacts on the ground.