See details below.
See details below.
Green America’s Green Business Network
Marketing & Membership Director
Title: Marketing and Membership Director
Salary Range: $40,000- $45,000
Supervisor: Green Business Network Director, Denise Hamler
Position: Full-Time, 4-day week in Washington D.C. office
Green America’s Green Business Network (GBN) is first, largest and most diverse network of small green businesses, offering a tiered green business certification that is designed to educate and acknowledge businesses about social and environmental responsibility. Founded in 1983.
This position is responsible for managing the Green Business Network’s membership and marketing areas working closely with the GBN Director, Online Membership Coordinator, certification team and interns.
This position is the key liaison with GBN members and potential members and includes: Outreach and recruitment to build membership; retention and renewals of existing members; PR/outreach/social media to promote GBN; and managing/development of membership benefits to serve the members.
1. Marketing and Membership Development
- Design and implement marketing plan to recruit new members and retain members.
- Manage new member recruitment and renewal streams.
- Members Relations: responsible for cultivating and maintaining excellent relationships with members and facilitating connections amongst members
- Develop new joint membership programs and work with the current joint membership programs
- Monthly reporting on growth and work with Division Director in new ways to build membership.
- Manage GBN Leadership Forum of large businesses that contribute and donate to GBN.
- Manage the webinar series that provides tools and best practices to members and peers.
- Supervise all membership touch points managed by the Membership Assistant.
- Oversee/participate in the National Green Pages annual process of producing the directory listings that profiles the Green Business Network members.
2. Social Media, Web and Print Marketing
- Manage and innovate the social media and communications strategy including face book, twitter, web site and the member listserv.
- Manage and innovate the print branding and communications of all GBN print materials.
3. PR and Outreach
- Develop relations with other trade organizations and serve as resource person on green business.
- Serve as a spokesperson and speaker at events as requested.
- Assist in PR and outreach to media and perform interviews as needed.
4. Technical Management:
- Work with Technology to improve and integrate all new systems.
- Manage membership database to ensure data integrity as well as accuracy of data entry procedures. Develop reporting needs assisting and creating reports.
5. Green Business Pavilion and Green Festivals
- Develop the program, market, and staff the Green Business Pavilion(s) at all the Green Festivals in 5 cities each year. (Green Festivals in its 11th year is a project of Green America.)
- Work with Green Festival partners, especially the Seven Star sales team in exhibitor relations and in welcoming new exhibitors into GBN.
6. Royalty Programs:
- Ensure that all current royalty programs (earned income programs) are marketed to GBN members and achieve their goals.
- Develop new royalty programs that will meet the needs of small businesses.
7. Strategic and General Management:
- Work with the GBN director and GBN staff to develop overall GBN strategic development, , annual operating plans and budgets.
- Supervise GBN staff and perform annual reviews.
- Participate in general staff meetings, fun days, annual operating plan process and Board meetings as requested.
- Serve on special teams or committees as needed.
- Proven marketing, membership development and fundraising experience 3-5 yrs.
- Membership services skills.
- Excellent writer, excellent verbal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with social media and web marketing.
- Project management – ability to learn quickly and synthesize a large amount of information.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and concurrent deadlines.
- Experience with Database management and experience with Excel, Access, and Word.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Interest in working with/learning about the socially and environmentally responsible business community.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to travel for work – up to 8 times per year.
- MBA or masters level work in related fields, highly preferred.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Benefits include major medical and dental insurance, four-day work week, vacation and sick days, paid holidays, mental health days, pre-tax child care/transportation credit and flexible hours.
DEADLINE: Dec. 21, 2012