On the 100th Day of the Trump Administration (Saturday, April 29), join your fellow Green Americans in Washington D.C. (or in your city) for the People’s Climate March. We will show the world and our leaders our vision for a clean energy future and our resistance to attacks on people, communities and our planet.
We’re planning meet-ups and special events before, during, and after the march. Read on to see how you can get involved and join us.
We’re marching to:
- Advance solutions to the climate crisis rooted in racial, social and economic justice, and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
- Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
- Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.
- Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
- Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all, not an economy that feeds the machinery of war.
- Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
March with us on Saturday, April 29 as we come together to resist and march for our families, our communities and our planet.
Pre- March Happy Hour at Busboys and Poets on Friday, April 28
On the evening of Friday, April 28 (5:00-7:00 pm), meet us at Busboys and Poets (5th and K St. location) as we kick off the weekend in Washington, D.C. Mingle with your fellow Green Americans and our Green America staff over light appetizers (our treat) and drinks (cash bar). Please RSVP on Facebook.
Busboys and Poets is easily accessible by MetroRail, MetroBus, DC Circulator, and Capital Bikeshare. For directions, please visit Busboys and Poets‘ website.
For questions about this event, please contact Member Services at (202)872-5307 or email [email protected].
March with Green America on Saturday, April 29
Meet up with fellow Green Americans from 11-11:15 am at Pret a Manger at 3rd St. & Pennsylvania Ave (301 Pennsylvania Ave). At 11:15 we’ll walk over to the Capitol to hear pre-march speakers, and then we’ll march together. Wear your Green America t-shirt or wear green!
Join our Post- March Town Hall Call on Wednesday, May 3
While the march is a great way to stand together for people and the planet, but what happens once we kick off our shoes? One of the most frequent questions we receive from Green America members is “what can I do about climate change?” Join us Wednesday, May 3 at 2:00 pm ET to receive concrete advice and follow-up actions from Green America experts: Fran Teplitz, Executive Co-Director for Business, Investing & Policy; Todd Larsen, Executive Co-Director for Consumer & Corporate Engagement; along with guest panelists Rebecca Adamson, founder of First Nations Development Institute; and Mike Tidwell, founder and director of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network.
If you’re in Washington, D.C., join us in person at our office (located at 1612 K St. NW, Ste. 600, Washington, D.C. 20006). You can also watch on Facebook Live (make sure you’ve liked us on Facebook) or call in to our conference line. Please RSVP to receive more information and a reminder the day of the call.