Factors that trigger recertification include:
- Complaints against the company from consumers or colleagues
- Changes in ownership
- Changes in business model or product offering
- Changes in the standards applicable to the industry under which the company was certified
Companies selected for recertification complete the current certification process in order to maintain their certification.
- The process they use is identical to new members
- Their application and compliance with our posted standards are also treated similarly
- No additional fees are assessed
- If the company is found non-compliant with our posted standards or chooses not be recertified, they lose their Green Business Certification and all rights to use the Green America Seal and to claim any affiliation with Green America or the Green Business Network.